Monday, January 2, 2012

Highly beneficial short run

Ugh, I'm still sick, and I was feeling very grumpy indeed about having to cancel the projected mid-afternoon run with L.: it would have been 5-6 miles at a moderate to hard pace on hills, and it was clear that this would not be at all a good idea.  But after moping a bit I pretty much just decided that I had to get out for 30 mins. at easy/moderate effort: mental health benefits outweigh cost to lungs!  Felt particularly un-fleet of foot, with very stiff and slightly sore feet and lower calves, but it was highly worthwhile regardless...

30min slow run

1 comment:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I think running by yourself when sick probably isn't as bad as running with others - it is way too easy to push yourself too far with others! Glad you were able to get something in!