Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday spin/swim

An authentic run-bike-swim day, that is good. The spin class was a bit lame (couldn't hear and/or understand a good part of the instructions), but it made sense to have an easy one in any case - I have worked all systems to their utmost limits and soon need a rest day to let improvements sink in! (I will take Tuesday properly off, I think.)

Then we had a very short pool swim - I realized as soon as I was swimming that it was not just my calves that were incredibly sore, it was also all of my back and shoulder muscles...

Spin: 53:57, avg HR 129, max HR 132

Swim: 2 x 100 free, 4 x 50 stroke drill (IM order), 100 IM easy = 500 yards total

1 comment:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Was it a different instructor? Sometimes I am just flummoxed by some instructors. Their descriptions of what I should be doing just make no sense to me.