Tuesday, January 8, 2013

HOT yoga!

Why am I doing all this hot yoga? It is a good question.

1. I like the idea of the 30-day yoga challenge (it's a thing at the studio here every January - you tick off on a list on the wall each class you attend), and it's a good thing to do while I'm in Cayman and to get my semester of sabbatical off to a really positive start.

2. But why HOT?

3. Partly it's scheduling: 10am weekday class is hot yoga these days, and it's also a 90-minute class, which I like.

4. Partly it's curiosity. Several friends whose judgment I trust have found hot yoga transformative.

5. Also at the studio here it's non-branded, i.e. basically you're getting all the benefits of Bikram yoga without the cult-like atmosphere.

6. It still does seem mighty hot!

I think I will do it M-F and do other yoga on the weekends. I have to be careful not to let it displace the spin bike hours I should be logging - I'm cutting myself slack due to recent travels and illness, but I need to get on that.

1.5hr hot yoga

No comments: