Sunday, January 13, 2013

Spin!

Now I can't remember exactly where I got this workout (I thought I saw it at Gale Bernhardt's blog, but I can't find it there), but I have been eyeing it longingly all week! It is a good one - more challenging than it seems at first, and I definitely caught myself trying to talk myself out of finishing it (shorts snagging on trainer seat, sticky gears, tender Achilles, lungs not at 100% etc. etc.)! However I did complete the whole thing as written...

warmup: 5min Z1 spin, 5min alternating :30 left leg only, :30 right leg only (Z1-2)

work: 7 x 3:00 work, 1:00 recovery, with work intervals split between seated Z2/3 and standing Z4-5b - start at 3:00 seated, then moving through 2:30 seated/:30 standing, 2:00 seated/1:00 standing, 1:30 seated/1:30 standing, 1:00 seated/2:00 standing, :30 seated/2:30 standing, 3:00 standing

3min recovery

:45 total

avg HR 141, max HR 160

Took a very short dip in the jellybean-shaped pool after - it was raining, and I didn't feel like doing more exercise, but I thought it would increase the chances that I would swim tomorrow if I got in at least for a brief time today. Thought I would do some drill work, but some others got in the water and it didn't seem worth bothering.

No comments: