Saturday, December 6, 2014

Glorious Paris run-walk!

I took a very impractical route, because I just had a burning desire (I do not know how to make accents in blogger) to run down the Champs Elysees! Which is immensely crowded particularly once one encounters the street fair.... I was on the clock while jogging and basically then just stopped it whenever I had to walk for a while. Did then get to the running path along the river, which is very nice - hit the base of the Eiffel Tower, crossed back across the bridge of locks (they are starting to accumulate again - they were cleared last year as the bridge was so overladen it threatened to collapse!) then back up towards the Arc de Triomphe and 'home.'

Tomorrow I should be able to have a more consistently running sort of an expedition - I think getting to the river and going along the path is the way to go. But it was beautiful today: 50 and sunny, I wasn't wearing gloves and I wasn't cold at all (though now I really must get in the shower!).

c. 50min jog, c. 90min total

No comments: