Monday, December 29, 2014

Run #2/?, or "What goes down must come up"

Good thing I am trying for a streak, too, as otherwise I am sure I would not have done anything today. Alas, last night it dawned on me that I was experiencing the warning signs of a minor lung ailment: I slept for twelve hours, as I was very tired, but ailment is proceeding as one might imagine, and I expect it will be a bit worse tomorrow.

Couldn't get myself out the door this morning (it was almost lunchtime in any case by the time I got up!), then had sandwich and pastry with B. and M. mid-afternoon and had to wait for it to digest. However it is still 40F at 7pm and there was no reason not to get out for 30 minutes on my evening route (run downhill along Riverside Drive to 95th St. and back up the hill home).

Very glad I did, too. Am hoping that lung ailment will remain minor enough that I can keep on doing at least 20min/day (Coach Dave asserts that 12 minutes is the minimum that counts for a run, but in my opinion the twelve of a fast runner converts into the twenty of a slow one!).

:29 down/uphill

1 comment:

Becca said...

Yes, 20 is minimum, and good for you!