Monday, January 20, 2020

Hot class!

Back at Bikram Yoga Harlem for the first time in many years. Nobody was there to open the studio and we stood outside for a bit but it was all fine in the end, I paid for a month unlimited as an incentive to get in there as often as I can (3x week minimum). The room was therefore less hot than usual when we started, a gift, though did heat up to full-on HOT so that I felt rather queasy by peak standing pose and had to lie down for a couple postures. (Lungs still full of a reservoir of GLOP which was not helping.) It really is convenient, sore/tender feet mean that Bikram or similar is preferable to flow currently, I can make this a part of my regular semester exercise. My back needs it more than anything else, it needs the PT+ as well but this particular kind of yoga lets you check in on where things are on one side vs. the other to an extreme and desirable degree.

No comments: