Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Dread

I am not looking forward to running this 10K on Saturday--that distance is tough work at the best of times, and the odds are very high that I will run slower than I would like, and pretty definitely slower than the one I did at 8:18 pace in December. But it's a useful benchmark for the run component of the NYC tri in July (it's for the most part the same course), and it's definitely a cool race: here are this year's competitor bios (including all three members of the US women's marathon team). It will count towards the nine races that will guarantee me a spot in next year's NYC marathon...

4 comments:

Di said...

knock it out girlfriend!!
;)

Unknown said...

I think it has training run written all over it!

And you never know, you might just surprise yourself ...

Laura said...

I'm a little nervous about it too. I did two 5Ks last weekend, and felt zonked in both. However, I feel like a 10K gives more of an opportunity to get into your rhythm rather than just start to find your stride and see the finish line. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Did you lottery for this year? I'm checking like every 5 minutes to see if I made it :)

Jenny Davidson said...

Thanks, ladies...

Laura, I think I did put in for the lottery again this year, only really I am set on doing Philadelphia, so if I do get in, I will probably defer...