Wednesday, June 4, 2008

One-Buffy trainer ride

A meager forty-five minutes, but before that could happen, the following preconditions had to be filled...

- my new CycleOps trainer had to arrive (check)

- and be assembled (several minor nervous breakdowns and episodes of dramatic second-guessing and internet consultation later, check)

- and the pedals had to be put back on my bike, since I have not touched it since I retrieved it from the bike store post-Florida (this step was surprisingly easy--you just screw 'em back in, who knew?!?)

- and the bike had to be put in the trainer (and really this step took half an hour, perplexingly... it's all the little things, tire pumping and trying things with slightly different adjustment plus extensive further second-guessing)

- and then everything else had to be readjusted--fan, TV screen, water position...

- but now I think I am good to go...

(Due to placement too far away from bookshelf/water rest I dropped a full liter bottle of water on the floor five minutes into the ride, but most of it came out over the mat...)

It is naturally perverse to ride a trainer indoors when I am in a perfectly civilized climate and could ride wherever, but I have realized I do not have the fortitude, and I will have to build up some fitness in order for that West Point ride to be OK...

Now I am going to shower & go to the theatre to see a play...

ARGHHHHHHHHH!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A one-Buffy ride is a perfect pre-theatre pedal.

And good work with the assembly required!

Leah said...

I have been riding inside a lot lately... Which is strange because I love riding outside. It's (weirdly) starting to feel like less of an ordeal than getting all my stuff ready for an outdoor ride. I can't even believe I just admitted that.