Friday, November 21, 2008

Baby-sized run

Two miles only, very easy!

Have been pestering everyone with questions about shorts versus long pants - I wore a pair of tights just now, and honestly, I am a bit too warm even after a couple miles with temperatures in the mid-30s, I think I should assume I'll stick with the shorts unless the forecast the night before puts it solidly in the 20s rather than the 30s. Will bring 3 different long-pant/tights options just so I can continue making myself crazy trying to decide.

(On the bright side, with no bicycle and no wetsuit involved, preparations for this race seem like a piece of cake - simplicity itself!)

5 comments:

Spokane Al said...

Perhaps you may want to include a pair of long pants that you can part with. If it is in the 20s you could start with them and then if things warm up (as they usually do) you could toss them (in an aid station garbage can of course).

ShirleyPerly said...

Clearly you are much more used to running in cold weather than I am! But I agree with Al. Better to have options.

Unknown said...

Options are definitely good!!

Leah said...

Knickers! Totally worth shelling out a little extra money to add to your running wardrobe. Perfect for chilly weather.

Brent Buckner said...

Philly marathon site says you finished in 4:16:56 - congratulations!