Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Lunchtime swim

A very nice one, too. Quite a few people there, but more orderly than the evening ones. That time slot does not usually work well for me, but it might be that I should reconsider based on my spring-semester schedule...

Can't guarantee this is exactly what I did, but along these lines:

600 warmup: 100 free, 50 breast, 50 free, 100 back, 100 fly drill, 100 back, 100 free

8 x 50 fly-free at leisurely pace, with 10-15 seconds rest

100 back

100 free

Henning's IM transitions set: 7 x 50 as fly, fly-back, back, back-breast, breast, breast-free, free

Wouldn't have minded doing some more, but a couple more guys were getting into the lane just then and I figured it was time to stop and get some lunch! I am going to make sure to do quite a bit of fly in coming weeks - if I am swimming a short one on my own, it is both nice in itself & really the most effective aerobic cross-training in the world for running!

c. 1550 yards total

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good! I'm glad you got one in!

Dances with Corgis said...

8x50 fly, oh my! i am dubious there is anything "leisurely" about that.