Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday swim

OK, now I feel like I'm back in the groove of regular life.

(Still haven't had time to unpack from my trip, though! That is what I will do shortly - Monday and Tuesday are utterly chaotic this semester, but the rest of the week is less overwhelming.)

Lungs still v. gummed up with junk, but I am a little better each day, and I am also starting to get that interesting taper-y feeling where the muscles in my arms and legs seem to be springing with excess energy - they want me to give them something challenging to do, they are antsy!

Warmup: 300 choice (I did 100 free, 100 IM drill, 100 IM)

3 x 500

1: 4 x 100 free, 25 fly

2: (this was a "super 500" exercise, but I wanted to keep effort levels moderate, so I subbed in something that made sense with the rest of the set) 4 x 75 free, 50 breast

3: 4 x 75 free, 50 back

Then there was still enough time for something else, so Coach Henning gave me a little set that brought a smile to my face: IM transitions...

7 x 50: fly, fly-back, back, back-breast, breast, breast-free, free

Lovely!

2150 yards total

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In the groove is a good feeling!