Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wednesday swim

Very relaxing, too - I really enjoyed that. I can't say I feel well rested, but I did get what I would call an adequate night's sleep last night, so that is a step forward - I have been sleeping very badly the last week and a half or so.

I am full of yearning and striving plans for improving my swimming - it is my goal to learn to swim the 200 fly!

(That's just a random thought unrelated to what I actually just swam this morning.)

No coach or workout in evidence, so I took it pretty easy and did a lot of freestyle drill. I really felt the benefits, too - I was watching the last bit of the women's team practice on Saturday as they finished up before the TNYA swim, and they were swimming "long and smooth," it was fairly amazing to watch - I had a good bit of that feel myself, though I am sure to an outside observer it would have looked no such thing!

100 free
100 back
100 right arm, left arm, catch-up, swim
100 back
100 thumbs and salute
100 breast (I cannot always be skimping on breast just because I like back better!)
100 as 25 "floppy paws," 25 swim
100 back
100 finger-drag
100 back

4 x 75 IM no free on 2:00

1 x 200 IM

2 x 50 free hard on 1:00

1 x 50 back easy

1 x 50 free easy

1700 yards total

No comments: