Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday run and swim

I am in a world of frazzle - I am sort of simultaneously shoveling plastic forkfuls of pasta (mildly disgusting, in which I have just spotted a stray hair, ugh!) into my mouth, writing this blog post and trying to figure out what I am doing in the editing workshop I have to run at 8 o'clock! (21 minutes from now?!?)

(Hmmm, I think I will just throw away the rest of this pasta and get something else later....)

2 miles on indoor track, c. 8:45 pace

Nice swim workout! I was splitting a lane with friend H., who has succumbed to the lure of TNYA - she was getting some coaching, so not doing the full workout, but it was good company anyway. Harder mental effort to stay on the intervals when I'm swimming alone like this - I could not hold the interval for the 75s at the beginning, I was more like on 1:50 (for 10 seconds rest).

50 warmup (curtailed!)

8 x 75 IM no free on 1:40

6 x 150 free on 3:00 (this gave me a sense of accomplishment, I had very steady pacing)

6 x 100 on 2:45 as 2 x (75 fly, 25 back; 75 back, 25 breast; 75 breast, 25 free)

5 x 50 free on 1:00

2400 yards total

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A big, loud, "Ewwwww!" on the pasta!

The hundreds are a nice set, but I'm pretty sure I'd struggle with the 75's fly!