Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday swim practice

Very enjoyable, too, though it passed quickly and in internal chaos - we had a substitute coach filling in, and the intervals were honestly just too fast for our lane, except for one brave fellow leading, who kept on lapping the rest of us in a slightly disorienting way! I am putting in the times, but I cannot say whether I really was making them or not, it was too confusing!

Missed the warmup altogether - a bit late getting there, then heel-dragging on side of pool.

Then (the notion was fast freestyle and recovery stroke):

100 IM on 2:20

2 x 100 free on 1:35 (skipped a 50, that is too fast for me!)

2 x 50 as BK-BR, BR-FR on 2:00

1 x 200 free on 3:10

2 x 50 as before on 2:00

1 x 300 free on 4:30

2 x 50 as before

2 x 150 free on 2:20 (skipped a 50 again on the second one)

2 x 50 as before

2 x 75 free on 1:20

1 x 100 easy

2 x 50 fast kick

4 x 50 hypoxic free (smooth easy strokes): first 2, breathe 2x each 25, second 2 breathe 1x each 25

Very pleasant lane company, we were all in a good mood! It was over almost before I knew it, that was a short swim; I was craving a swim yesterday, but the pool was closed for a meet, and in fact we are coming up on the evil season of pool closures, I will have to steel myself for not as much swimming as I like...

1950 yards total (yes, that's short, I must get there earlier from now on!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Intervals that are too fast can be really problematic. I'm glad to hear everyone was jovial in spite of it.

The Evil Pool Closures begin here Monday!