Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday swim

I had to take advantage of the holiday weekend pool quietness - and in fact I am delighted to learn that the gym is open on Monday, I have an evening work/dinner obligation but I might get in a late lunchtime swim if I finish my page quota in time...

This evening I had the lane entirely to myself for ten minutes, and after that was sharing only with a fully competent and quite fast breaststroker! It was excellent.

Unfortunately I ran out of time just at the end, so I missed the last 200 of the ladder, but it was otherwise quite lovely.

Warmup: 200 free, 200 back, 100 fly drill, 100 breast, 8 x 50 drill-swim (2 of each stroke in IM order)

Then most of Wendy's IM ladder (20 seconds rest when it made sense with regard to lanemate's position, less if not): 200 IM, 150 IM no free, 100 IM, 50 back, 50 back, 100 IM, 150 IM no free - then I was out of time so I just did 50 free and hopped out of the pool.

Excellent.

1850 yards total

2 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

So I'm not sure why this is, but in Iowa, MLK day is pretty much not a holiday. There isn't class, but my roommate (who works at a county hospital in PR) has work and there isn't even a question of if the gym will be open!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lovely swim! It is such a pleasure to share a lane in those circumstances.