Sunday, February 17, 2013

Spin!

I was lethally tired this morning - it is my own fault, two very late nights in a row with alcohol compromising sleep quality. But I took a deep two-hour nap this afternoon, and when I got up after that it did not seem so crazy that I was planning to trek out to Brooklyn for a 90-minute spin class at Cycle Bar with L. and L. And in fact once I was riding, it was the opposite of yesterday - yesterday after I'd warmed it was painfully clear that I had nothing to give, whereas today I felt quite strong and energized. Truly enjoyable workout - very glad I didn't cancel.

This week has felt very chaotic in terms of exercise - it's not a bad set of totals, all things considered, but I didn't get to as much hot yoga as I wanted and generally just felt like I was scrambling through a haze of poor logistics. I think I'm going to remake subsequent weeks' schedules one week at a time, so that I can tailor things better to that particular week's needs and constraints (things like getting to allergy doctor for shots on Monday afternoon and Thursday morning, building in suitable writing time, etc.). It is also rather clear to me that especially if I do want to keep on doing so much yoga, prioritizing spinning/bike time above all other things is the way to go - I don't need to do a ton of running to maintain fitness, and I can wait a little longer before doing serious swim workouts, but long-course triathlon is all about the bike....

1.5hr spin

Week's totals: 10:21

2 runs of c. 5mi. (c. 100min total)
5 spin sessions (2 x :50, 1 x 1hr, 2 x 1.5hr), total 5:50
2 hot yoga (3:00) and 1 restorative yoga (1:00, not logged as part of total)

No comments: