Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Winter wonderland!

I have to admit that I had to overcome a slight disinclination to get out the door for my run when I saw how snowy and gray it is outside this morning. (The transition from Cayman to NYC is definitely intense at this time of year - at a street corner waiting for the light yesterday evening to cross to the bank machine, a girl standing next to me muttered to herself, "It's extremely cold tonight!," more to herself than to me I think!) But it was lovely once I was out there, and really not that cold. There is something very special about a snowy weekday morning run - the few other runners you see all smile and wish you a good morning, and you know that you are part of the secret confraternity of people who love running...

6 miles easy, c. 1:08

No comments: