Friday, February 22, 2013

Spin/swim/hot!

The other night I finally renewed my masters swim registration and re-registered for TNYA and bought a new workout card - I really just let swimming drop about two years ago, I like it but there were various obstacles, including an annoying lane situation at local Columbia workout, and then Columbia kicked all outside groups out of the pool altogether, and though there's now a workout at City College about a mile north of here, I just haven't gotten it together to go.

But now it is time for this to change! And today's workout was beneficial for self-persuasion. 50-minute spin with Joanna, then I had a short swim that was altogether lovely (1000 yards, c. 25 mins.). Then I had a tiresome trip uptown as my travels coincided with the end of the schoolday, which makes both streets and subway a bit of a nightmare due to hordes of rowdy schoolchildren - and then I had a hot yoga class that was WAY too hot, subjectively - I think really what this means is high humidity (it's about to start snowing here), but it was not enjoyable, I haven't felt like that since the first week I was doing it. This is helpful in terms of weaning myself partway off hot yoga and re-addicting to swimming.

Ready for winter to be done - it makes it so inconvenient getting around town, and the extremes of temperature (from boilingly hot in yoga to freezingly cold on the subway platform with sweat still pouring off the head) are not conducive to comfort...

:50 spin
:25 swim (1000 yards as 200 warmup, 2 x [100 fly drill (right arm, left arm, 3-3-3, full stroke) and 100 free], 2 x [100 IM, 100 free]
1:30 hot yoga

No comments: