Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday irk

Decent workout with M., only slightly thwarted by strong Irk Factor for the evening.

I meant to get to the gym early to do a couple treadmill miles (break in new shoes!), but was running slightly late and only had time for one mile as warmup; we were supposed to start at 5:30, but M. was fifteen minutes late due to Evil Irksome No. 1 Train Delay. I got started anyway, but we had to finish right at 6:30 so that I could rush home to shower and change to go to a talk at 7:15.

A talk whose time, it dawned on me, must have been changed without anybody telling me, because I got there to find an empty room....

The first thing I did when I got home was check the e-mail with the announcement. Yep, 7:15. At least I have the (low) moral satisfaction of knowing it was not my mistake--but I have still missed a talk I would have very much liked to go to, and which led me to rearrange the fitness-related part of the early evening in inconvenient ways.

I could have had the extra fifteen minutes, I could have run a couple miles!

I think I am going to have to spend the evening sulking with a trashy novel, some days just do not go one's way...

No comments: