Thursday, October 25, 2012

Long run!

I was feeling very exhausted and cast down last night, and it was a bit of a struggle to get out of bed this morning. I had to talk myself into it by promising myself the long run completely to please myself - no HR monitor, none of the hassle of running through crowded streets over to Central Park! And I did indeed have a very lovely one. Ran down to 96th and then up along the water to the Little Red Lighthouse and back. Saw that black cat I spotted once before, together with companion cat of similar ilk (they are both longhaired, I would guess they might be littermates and former housecats, only the second one has very beautiful fawn-and-black brindling). Very happy that comfortable pace is now back just under 10:00 miles.

c. 10 miles, 1:37:33, c. 9:45/mi. pace

No comments: