Monday, July 13, 2015

Deadlifts!

Home late from a really nice evening out (movie and dinner with good friend) - feeling much better about things, let's hope that lasts! Otherwise I have been in survival mode, with work as priority and "one thing per day" as goal for exercise. But I had a good deadlift workout on my own at the gym (Josh is away still for a couple more days, and I totally flaked on getting in for a workout at the end of last week). This was the assignment as I executed it:

Warmup: 2 x 5 @ 135, 1 x 3 @ 135

Work set for speed:

10 x 3 @ 155 (65% of 1rep max)

(I did them on 1:00 to make sure I kept focused/speedy.)

Single-arm dumbbell rows:

1 set each at 37.5, 42.5 for warmup, then 4 x 6 at 47.5

Farmer's walk:

White line - yellow line (**warm up lines)x 2 = 1 set

5 sets @ 42.5 dumbbells (harder thing is to use the weird contraption, but I cheated by taking easier option! Still challenging for grip.)

No comments: