Monday, July 20, 2015

Workout of bliss!

It's a heat wave in NYC, but I took a long nap this afternoon and just got home from a workout of bliss - I am forced to conclude that despite this year really not having gone according to plan, I am in pretty good shape.

Rode bike down and back - it is amazing how much more relaxing it is to ride this bike than a road bike with clipless pedals when you are going through chaotic streams of cyclists, pedestrians, rollerbladers etc. Nice breeze along the water though definitely HOT.

Deadlifts: my favorite of the three workout days for sure. Had a female partner on the bar, it was fun (usually we're each on our own bar, but membership has been picking up). Work set was 6 x 2 x 185/195, then we did 4 x 4 x 135/155 with a four-second hold halfway up. 5 x 10 x dumbbell row (37.5, but really that's too light, did 47.5 for my last 2 sets). A cable thing I can't quite describe, then 10 laps jogging around the sand volleyball court. Woo-hoo!

No comments: