Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Back home

Friday and Monday were travel days. In between I was at Lake Muskoka getting bitten by many mosquitoes! (I am the green-capped head in the picture below.) Annoyingly left my suit and goggles at the hotel on Saturday, but after I'd had a few drinks, it happened that a beach ball got dropped into the water by children & started traveling away on a fairly fast current, so I stripped off shirt and pants and took the plunge! Very satisfying. (I wear the kind of underwear that is at least as modest as many bathing suits!) Sunday's swim took place in more orthodox garb.

Good bench workout today. I was expeditious and finished in about forty-five minutes; I'd missed my run workout this morning (inertia after traveling yesterday, I think - I had an 11am meeting, which was just early enough that it was clear that I couldn't _both_ run _and_ go to the Rare Book Library, but inevitably I somehow did _neither_....), so I got on a treadmill and did "fake Megan's hills" at rather tepid paces and 4% incline: 30min total (all on incline), warmup for 10min at 3.4mph, then alternating 8 x (1:00 @ 5.5mph, 1:00 @ 3.2mph), short cooldown.

Upper body workout:

bench for speed: 10 x 3 x 85 (65% 1-rep max)
close-grip bench: 2 x 15 x 65
incline rows: 5 x 10 x 37.5 (I should do heavier!)
rope cable pull x 100
"pull-apart" with band x 100

30min treadmill with work as 8 x 1min jogging "hills"

No comments: