Friday, December 28, 2018

Monday-Friday catch-up

In fact I can give myself a big pat on the back as I did everything I meant to and did not skip and make excuses!

Mon.: 1hr as 1:1 jog-walk along the Schuylkill near my mother's house - was again feeling very smug at having booked a 3:20pm flight so that I really would have time to run in the am without being anxious or skimping on spending time with my mother either. Did PT all the days unless otherwise specified, albeit sometimes just the 9-minute absolute minimum set

Tues.: treadmill #1, 36 mins, with 1 x 12min + 2 x 6min jog with walking recovery (Brent tipped me off to new second basement fitness room that is MUCH COOLER than the ground-floor one, which is heated literally to 85F...)

Wed.: treadmill #2, much harder to make myself do, I really don't like it, so I broke it up to make it more manageable: 40 mins total, 4 x 6min work with odds as jog and evens as incline walk

Thurs.: long travel day - I did manage to do the absolutely crucial exercises while watching TV with Brent before bed - normally I don't watch TV and they are not easy to do while reading a book, but I can do the anteversion-retroversion (cat-cow on back), hamstring stretches, piriformis stretches and a couple others that way, that's good!

Fri.: up and at 'em! It helped that I was in bed and asleep EARLY and had a good long sleep of 10hr or so, so that when 5:30am came and it was time to get up, I felt mentally unready but that it was not physiologically unreasonable. 1hr as 1:1 jog-walk (that first step outside coming from winter to here is so gorgeous - moon and stars, because there is much less light pollution here, and birds making funny calls and the warm tropical smell). And 1hr brt yoga which was AMAZING - there was a middle part I have to try and reconstruct, I would love to add it to my daily routine....

Very happy to have survived holiday travel mostly unscathed and be back in a regular routine!

No comments: