Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday miscellany

(Friday is the day off in my training schedule, which I am trying to enforce fairly rigorously - even though it stresses me out!)

I ran three miles easy earlier, then showered and took the bus over to the east side to pick up my race number for the long run tomorrow (it's really a supported run rather than a race proper, but there's an official start and chip timing and support on the course and so forth - good way to stay focused!) and then the subway downtown to the TNYA backstroke basic skills clinic, which I thought was extremely good. Just working through a sequence of drills culminating in putting all the pieces of the stroke back together at the end of the hour, but this of course is the best possible thing - hmmm, I can't wait for the next one, I hope it might be breaststroke!

I was very tempted to stay for the real workout afterwards, but I have been resolutely trying to avoid everything that smacks of mental insanity, and given that I've got quite a bit of work to do this weekend and an early and long run on the schedule for tomorrow morning, I hastily dried off and got dressed before I could have second thoughts!

3 miles run
? c. 1200 drill and swim

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to resist temptation!!

I am glad the backstroke clinic was to your liking. It would be very nice if the next one were breaststroke.