Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday gym

Very good hour at the gym with M. this morning. My fall-semester schedule is still a bit of a work in progress, including the exercise schedule - it will be good once it all settles down properly. I didn't get up early enough to eat breakfast/digest/run beforehand, so will squeeze in 4 miles sometime later this afternoon.

Feeling a bit swimming-deprived; I need to go to a friend's birthday drinks tonight, but it should be that I could have at least an easy evening swim tomorrow - Fridays are usually less crowded than the earlier nights of the week.

Morning lane swim starts on Monday, but it's not yet clear to me how well that's going to work for me this semester - it's $135 for the fall semester, M-T-W-Th. 8:30-9:30 swim, with an assigned workout and fairly generous lane space i.e. genuinely relaxing and possible to do a real 2000-yard workout of some kind, though not as good as a team practice. If I go twice a week only for 10 weeks (M and W, since I will be mostly going to the Tues. and Thurs. evening TANY swims), it still only works out to about $7/swim, which is well worth it considering how much better it is than evening lane swim.

The TANY workouts come in between $9-15 each depending on how you pay for them - I'll mostly be doing only two rather than three in the week, I think, until I'm done with marathon training. Must contemplate the fee schedule and see what will be most sensible...

1 comment:

ShirleyPerly said...

Well, I guess it's good to have choices. Hope things settle down soon!