Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday yoga

Yep, I'm making another stab at it - gave up in disgust and irritation last fall, but really I believe that yoga should be a part of a balanced athletic life! This one meets Sunday evenings this semester at the Columbia gym. It seems like it will be a fairly gentle and non-demanding yoga experience (with the proviso that I am extremely inflexible, so some things are impossible even when non-demanding!). It is amazing to me what a wide range of things are taught under the same name...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you!

Spokane Al said...

Good luck with the yoga. I keep waffling on that subject, but will look for inspiration from you.

Becca said...

Wouldn't it be nice if we could go to yoga together on Sunday evenings and then go out for...some water?

Leah said...

I can't get into yoga no matter how hard I try. Probably would be good for me though. Good luck with it!

Rebecca H. said...

Oh, good for you! I wish I could do yoga, but it's one of those things I have to accept about myself for peace of mind -- if I try to make myself do it, I'll fail miserably, so I won't try. But I admire you for getting into it!

Jenny Davidson said...

Well, we will see - I gave it up last fall, with great pleasure, on the grounds that even in a best-case scenario, yoga had to be considered inferior to swimming because (a) it does not happen underwater and (b) you do not move forwards! But it may be I can successfully keep a more open mind this time round - I have certainly had times when I enjoyed it very much, and I really do believe it's as beneficial as strength-training (and a necessary complement to that)...

ShirleyPerly said...

Now that I belong to a gym, I should really get myself to a yoga class too. Need to be in town first, though. Hope things go better for you this time!