Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Bench/run #16/walk

(Arghhh, I was in a good mood getting home but found some very frustrating mail that has caused gnashing of teeth - express-mailed checks in payment of inheritance tax last week to the Register of Wills in Philadelphia, needed to be postmarked by June 6 to get discount - thought it was safely under the wire at June 3 - only UPS has now returned them to me with the message COMPANY OR PERSON UNKNOWN, NOT DELIVERED!)

Anyway, GREAT bench workout - I think the main work set was initially going to be 4 x 10 x 85, but that weight came easy enough that after the first two we went up to 95 and did 8, 8, 6 for 3 more sets. Misc. other stuff.

Then I did the :40 as 3:1 that I didn't have time for earlier, en route HOME - it was warm but beautiful along the river - only my legs were SO SORE (calves very tight, but glutes and hamstrings REALLY feeling at the end of their tether!)....

Only made it to about 70th St., had decided in advance to walk rest of the way home and was fantasizing about the Gatorade I would get from the machine at the 79th St. boat basin - BUT IT WAS BUSTED! Very calorically depleted and dehydrated by the time I got home - also, my brisk walking pace was about the same as my 3:1 hobble-walk!!! - but it was a good evening of workout.

1hr upper body
:40 as 3:1 hobbledy-jog/walk
:40 walk (it's a little more than five miles total)

No comments: