Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Sat-Sun-Mon

were ZIP for exercise, I was so tired that any time I wasn't actually talking to people I was huddled in bed! I wonder why I ever bothered to bring exercise clothes - in retrospect it was quite unrealistic.

I got home today from Philadelphia feeling utterly knackered, but a good gym session reinvigorated me. An hour of upper body with Josh (he is very sure that given that I can do 3 x 8 x 115 "board press" - i.e. only the top part of the lift, which is where I run into trouble - that I should be able to do 1 rep at 135, we will see!). Then I did an excellent spin workout ON MY OWN - realized riding small hills with Joanna Thursday that I currently have virtually NO cycling fitness & that I will be better off doing it on my own with HR monitor than going to a spin class that's not really cycling-oriented! So - 40min as 5 x 3min Friel zone 3/low zone 4, 2min recovery. Woo-hoo!

Had time during that ride to ponder what I am doing with the next month exercise-wise. I think the mantra is frequency, frequency, frequency - running frequency plus HILLS, cycling frequency plus INTENSITY/INTERVALS, swimming frequency with emphasis on technique. Doing the bike on my own also lets me move more expeditiously from lifting to next stage of workout, with less time to think the better of it....

1hr upper body
:40 spin!

2 comments:

Tea said...

Having days like that are so good for you. I always think the physical and emotional rest gives me a great perspective; one that I am normally too tired to see.

Tea said...

Having days like that are so good for you. I always think the physical and emotional rest gives me a great perspective; one that I am normally too tired to see.