Thursday, September 20, 2007

Cheerfulness

I was in the depths of despair this afternoon. Felt sicker with every passing hour--around three it dawned on me that there was no way I could run this evening or swim this morning, I feel absolutely dire! Very disheartening. But then I went to the CU triathlon team meeting, and it has infused me with cheerfulness.

It is going to solve a lot of my triathlon-related problems! Not the cycling one, that's just something I'm going to have to get over myself, but it was lovely to find this enthusiastic group (triathletes are messianic about inducting others into the sport, regardless of speed/talent) so welcoming...

And of course the words "bus rental with driver" and "group open-water swim" are music to my ears...

So even if I couldn't do any training today (and I'm worried about the Saturday-morning run--but on the other hand it's a neck-up cold rather than a neck-down one, I don't have any fever or much chest congestion, and I've still got thirty-six hours between now and then), I did do something productive towards the triathlon-related goals.

No comments: