Sunday, September 23, 2007

Hmmm...

My main observation is that it's amazing the extent to which rationalization can lead me to put off doing anything bicycling-related! All the other stuff, I will find any excuse to do rather than not to do; bicycling, not so much.

Perfectly good reasons, of course (lung ailment necessitated sleeping in; family phone calls; Hamlet is a long play; the East Village is a long way from where I live; wine with dinner afterwards--well, that is not such a good reason, if I had an evening run scheduled I would have foregone the wine!): but I am going to have to chalk this up as a rest day.

Will take this opportunity to do the laundry instead; today's the first day in a week the laundry room's been open, and all water is out in the building again tomorrow for further work on the boiler. Note to self: remember to bring things for showering at the gym!

Problem: I'm already locked in on non-bicycling two-a-days for the next three days (personal training, swim; swim, run; swim, yoga). But I think I can add 40-60 mins. of stationary cycling on the trainer at home tomorrow morning, and I hereby commit to doing at least an hour on Wednesday after yoga. I can't bear to skip any of the swims, I'm in love with swimming right now and CU morning swim is on hiatus the two weeks following so I must make sure I get to all three sessions this week.

(Hmmm, I detect further rationalization...)

No comments: