Saturday, August 4, 2012

Exercise!

I showered at the gym, but it's so hot and humid that even the 25-minute bike ride home has left me with the sweat pouring off me in sheets...

I had a good morning of exercise, though not quite what I'd originally planned.  Jaw better with every passing day, but I am still using caution, and I decided in advance that my test would be mental and physical enthusiasm - years of experience now suggests to me that the workouts that feel either psychologically or physiologically over-strenuous are often the ones that should have been curtailed or skipped due to subsequent illness or injury!  Rode bike down and segued straight into an excellent spin class, so that was about 1:20 more or less continuous (work intervals: a 20-minute climb and a 10-minute climb).  Ran for a mile on the track, but just wasn't feeling it - no particular woes other than mild indigestion, but I threw in the towel and had a short swim to close it out (500 fairly hard-effort as 200 free, 3 x 100 with first length as fly/fly drill and remainder free).  Rode bike home, so clock another 25 minutes.

:25 bike
:55 spin
:11 run
:15 swim
:25 bike

Just call it 2:10, that will do.  I'll run for an hour tomorrow, I think, though it may make sense to ride down and do it on the indoor track if it's this hot again.

No comments: