Thursday, July 31, 2014

Spin!

Note to self: in the land of central air-conditioning, do not sit at the computer in sweaty clothes. It will make you cold and sleepy in a way that renders the prospect of going back to bed even more tempting than usual!

I am laughing, you would think I'd know better by now, but although I saw in yesterday's paper that spin teacher Marlene is in Glasgow for the Commonwealth Games, all I did was check the gym's online schedule for class cancellation information. Everything looked normal, so I tipped myself out of bed very early this morning (although it is only one hour different, traveling to Cayman is like moving more time zones for me, as I miss most of a night of sleep due to early morning departure and then need to adjust to B's much earlier schedule!) for 6am spin - but of course really it was canceled.

Did a nice little workout on my own - it was actually sort of relaxing not having any music. Minor self-reproach gave way to the realization that if I had known the class was canceled, I would not have been able to make myself get up, so it was probably for the best!

:45 spin as 3 x (equal parts work and rest, moderately high gear and cadence of 95+ with high-cadence low-gear recovery: :30, :60, :90), 2:00 rest between sets

No comments: