Thursday, September 10, 2015

Bench!

Days switched up this week (Tuesday was Monday, Thursday was Tuesday). I had to come late because of an important meeting (hahahaha, I hate it when work interferes with POWERLIFTING!). We are now at the end of week one of a big ten-week training block; we start out with a ton of volume, and I could definitely feel it today....

Work set: 3 x 20 x 85
With football bar + 10lb: 3 x 20
One-arm dumbbell rows: 1 x 20 x 32.5; 1 x 15 x 37.5; 2 x 10 x 42.5
100 skull-crushers with football bar

I should say - I was so glum and grumpy this summer when I realized I had to cancel my September triathlon. It wasn't so much a decision as an admission of force majeure - I simply wasn't training anywhere near enough for it to be sensible to attempt a long race. But now I do have to admit the benefit (GRUDGINGLY admit it, but admit it). It is much better that I am not going out of town for a triathlon this weekend. It would have messed up the powerlifting to do a big race at this particular juncture. And I can HOPE that I will be less likely to get a respiratory infection in coming weeks - we will see....

(I did do something stupid which was let my 2 asthma medications run out before the appointment where I can get new prescriptions (Monday, so not too many more days without); I still have plenty of albuterol/rescue inhaler, but it is noticeable to me that I am a little wheezier when I am doing things, obviously those 2 medications - Qvar, Singulair - really are useful....)

No comments: