Monday, September 14, 2015

HEAVEN!

I had the most heavenly day.

I think it must be 70% weather-related: it was the most gorgeous sunny breezy fall day (last night was the first time I felt slightly chilly sitting at my desk next to an open window). This is not just pleasant in itself but what I am most strongly conditioned to respond to, as the beginning of a new school year has always been my absolute favorite time of the year!

Taught a (to me anyway!) exhilarating class on Defoe's Journal of the Plague Year, then hurried home and changed clothes and rode down to the gym to lift.

It was a perfect deadlift day - everything felt great (and I had only a tiny awareness of that high hamstring tendon thing that was bugging me yesterday on my run and afterwards). Josh is letting me extrapolate the max I didn't get a real chance at testing - or, rather, adjusting to work via "autoregulation" rather than strict percentages, which is more fun as it lets me stay on the same bar as T. for now. (I am sure our next cycle of testing will take us further apart, but for now I think we should still be able to deadlift at the same weight.)

Speed set: 8 x 3 x 180

Rack pulls: 4 x 4 x 185, alternating sets with 4 x 25 band abs

Dumbbell hamstring curls: 4 x 10 x 37.5

Good-mornings with band: 4 x 12

Hip thrusts: 4 x 8 with 20-second hold (that's HARD)

Had a good stretch and then rode my bike home - slightly hairy stretch where I had to get off my bike because of crowds (here is an old post by someone else that captures the feel of this annual happening!), but I am still just feeling gloriously elated. Overdue a shower, these clothes are SMELLY now - need to pick up prescriptions while pharmacy is open (had good visit to the pulmonary doc this morning too - everything is in reasonable train, peak flow a little lower than last time I was there but still in normal range).

1:20 deadlifts et al.
10mi bike

No comments: