Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday swim

The morning swim slot really just does not work for me during the semester, but I was determined to fit one in this morning if humanly possible. I did not get up quite early enough to finish my massive xeroxing task in a timely manner, but I realized at 8:35 as I frantically sloughed off the last pages that if I scrambled myself over there I could still have a perfectly good forty-five minute swim, and that is exactly what I did.

(No flip turns, though!)

Warmup: 900 as free with every fourth length stroke (back, breast, fly)

Then Coach Henning gave me a little set: 30 x 25 in sets of 5, build from first length with 2 stroke cycles fast and rest of the length smooth to fifth length sprint, with five seconds rest (10 seconds after the spring length)

100 cooldown (50 back, 50 free)

1750 yards total

Now for another mad scramble to get ready for class!

No comments: