Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thursday swim practice

A very tiring and demanding practice! I think there were multiple factors at play:

1. I have had a couple really good days of working out - for once I actually feel like I could use the rest day tomorrow, instead of chafing at the constraint!

2. A fair bit of fly at the beginning - early oxygen debt...

3. Nobody really fast in the lane - we were all roughly commensurate, with different strengths and weaknesses, and took turns leading - but the intervals were definitely aspirational, and we could not hold 'em (I am leaving them out, but assuming challenging to impossible - like the last 5 x 100 descending we were assigned 1:55, 1:50, 1:45, 1:40, 1:35, which it is possible we could have just about done with a couple fast guys holding solid at the front but which is really too fast for me at this stage of things).

Anyway, a very good swim! Nice folks, too - a very good sense of camaraderie, especially as we were respectively pleading to be allowed to go nearer to the back of the lane...

Warmup: 200 free, 200 IM easy (but as Wendy coincidentally observed to me earlier vis-a-vis her own workout, really there is no such thing!)

4 x 25 fly
4 x 50 breast
4 x 75 back
4 x 150 free (we set off on this doing 4 x 150 IM no free, but I think the coach changed his mind once he saw the state we were actually in - or else perhaps I just misunderstood the assignment! I was leading on the second half of this set - my backstroke and longer-distance freestyle are my strongest suit, though my turns are very inefficient and slow)

8 x 25 kick with board in IM order

5 x 100 free descending from 1:55

3 x 50 swim down choice (I did free, back, free)

2450 yards total

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, really it was Pat who said it wasn't possible when I made it my choice for 200 easy ... ;-)

Enjoy your rest day!

Jenny Davidson said...

Thank you for setting the record straight!

ShirleyPerly said...

I'm tired just reading about this workout! -- Good job!