Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday swim

Nice little swim this morning. I am determined to start getting to more of these morning swims - it is a good way for me to increase training volume without going super-high-intensity, and it is a good way to start the day, if only I can get myself out of bed. I am not one of nature's early risers - in fact really being up in time for an 8:30 swim is not what most people would even consider early! I was rather late getting over there, but forty minutes is a good length of time to swim for anyway...

Warmup: 300 as breathing every 3, 5 by 50; 200 back; 100 as 50 swim with legs, 50 swim no legs

10 x 100: evens as free, increasing speed through #3 and then decreasing (parabola!); odds as stroke choice, 25 kick, 50 drill, 25 swim (I did three back and two fly)

Swim down: 50 back, 50 free

1700 yards total

No comments: