Sunday, April 28, 2013

Swim!

I love everything about these workouts! Though I am a naughty triathlete this week (and now recall why I stopped swimming) - my swim volume exceeded my cycling volume....

Had to modify some bits as I was slow on the long freestyle, and couldn't quite make the IM interval our lane was assigned, but it was really super.

Warmup: 300 swim, 2 x 50 build, 100 kick

Activities: 4 x :30 vertical flutter kick, 3 x :30 vertical dolphin kick; dive starts

Main set (x 2): 2 x 200 free on 3:40 (that is too fast for me, and for 3 of the 4 I did a 150 instead), 3 x 100 IM on 2:00 (subbed freestyle for breast as necessary so as not to fall too bar behind), 4 x 50 as first round flutter kick on back, second round doggy-paddle down and freestyle back

50 double-arm back cooldown

2200 yards total

No comments: