Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 1, part 2

OK, I am laughing at myself, I will call it a partial success! In theory - the study that put it into my head was this as reported here - I was going to do six hours of easy spinning (that is already a reduction from the study - I have somewhat raised calories and somewhat altered and lowered exercise).

Three hours was my utter limit!

(I took a ten-minute break every hour, but even with that, it was a struggle to stay on for so long - sore bottom, tender left knee, general feeling of failure of willpower!)

So I thought I'd go out for a long beach walk, geared up for it but immediately realized (a) wrong shoes and (b) WAY TOO HOT, despite visor, sunglasses, sunscreen, Camelbak with major hydration, etc. Briefly thought of going to gym to walk on treadmill or do elliptical for more hours, but realized I don't have it in me - may have to seriously modify plan for tomorrow....

(Might just have to leave it for today at 40 min. run-walk, 1hr yoga, 3hr easy spin - that is not at all on the scale of the original research project, but it's possibly all I can do this week! The climate and terrain here are really not suited to outdoor walking on that sort of scale....)

Anyway, 3hr very easy spin (bottom of zone 1)!

No comments: