Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Catch-up

I did Joanna's spin class on Monday, it was great as usual, but I was then out and about for a million more hours, so clearly I failed to blog it!

Yesterday was a wash. Frazzled pre-travel day, two minor doctor appointments and inadequate air-conditioning everywhere I went, overly long list of things to do. Finally just fell into bed at 10:30, leaving most packing and tidying for the morning - woke up at 4am, an hour before the alarm, but really it just made sense to get up and get going with things. Travel went very smoothly (but I miss the two funny cats!).

This afternoon I optimistically told B. that I thought we should go to Wednesday Night Run Club - by the time it actually rolled around, I was much less keen (a nap had lethargized rather than energized me), but B. fortunately did not let me off the hook. It was lovely! It is brutally warm and humid - I was huffing and puffing - but pleasantly for me there were 2 other ladies who also wanted to do 5:1 run-walk at a very similar pace, and B. joined us too as he did not want a hard workout.

(I can't be ambitious running in this climate - at 8:30pm, it's still mid-80s and 75% relative humidity - I am going to try and do quite a lot of quite short runs, though, mostly in evenings, insofar as frequency makes more sense right now and in this context than volume.)

:42 run-walk (5:1), c. 3.3mi

No comments: