Sunday, June 8, 2014

Partially successful bike!

Alas, the long bike ride was cut short by an audible though otherwise undramatic tire blowout on Frank Sound Road. I replaced the tube and used a (Caymanian) dollar bill for a makeshift patch to cover up the half-inch gash in the tire - I do not have a patch kit in my saddlebag here, only in New York - but it was to no avail, the second tube popped about twenty minutes later.

B. very kindly came and picked me up - really the whole thing was fine, it's good to have these non-catastrophic minor woes on long rides now and again so that one doesn't become discombobulated when similar things happen in higher-stakes situations. I did get enough of a ride for it to seem like a reasonable workout - hope for full three hours next week, though!

c. 1:45, c. 28mi. (Garmin took a while to come on at the beginning, and then I forgot to turn it off when I stopped for the second time, so this is just an estimate)

No comments: