Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday swim

Really I wouldn't have minded staying in bed, but I had to go to swimming so that I could tell M. about yesterday's race and hear about his long-course meters meet this weekend! Just swam short - gotta ride that bike this morning, before the inevitable downpour begins...

200 free, 100 breast, 200 free, 100 back

Backstroke drills! M. gave me a good one which I have never tried before, but which I will definitely keep in the active repertoire: kick on side, then three strokes, then kick on other side - my backstroke gets very flat if I do not keep an eye on it, and this is an excellent drill for rotation.

Let us say 10 x 50 (mix of drill, pull and full backstroke)

1100 yards total

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Evil Side Kick Drill! ;-)

Besides the backstroke and freestyle variants, you can have some fun and combine the two as well ... side kick, three strokes of free, side kick, three strokes of back ...