Sunday, June 7, 2015

ALLERGIES!

Arghhhh, had an hour on the schedule and was good for it too only allergies made me prudentially cut it short - I started sneezing almost right away, and eyes pretty much always feel weird at this time of year, but the more alarming thing was lungs - felt like particles of pollen were gunking things up and couldn't stop coughing. ANYWAY :30 as 3:1, beautiful weather indeed (the low humidity makes it seem magically nice). This can be counted a very good week #1 - I really only have an eight-week block....

(Then a week in Cayman that will still include much exercise, a week in London and Oxford where I'll be lucky to get in a couple decent workouts though I hope I'll have some short runs too, a week in Iceland that should have a lot of hiking and where we are staying at a hotel that not only has a quite reasonable gym itself but is located right next to a park that has a world-class gym, outdoor 50m heated pools AND A PETTING ZOO. In other words, that's three weeks with only sporadic exercise and inevitably lots of sausages, alcohol and patisserie.... then home with three weeks before school starts and an additional week (four total) before the Survival of the Shawangunks race, but I need to have made really good use of my time before traveling so that I'm not horribly cramming for those final weeks of August and early September....)

:30 as 3:1

No comments: