Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Deadlifts!

Belated post - after a friend's evening birthday gathering and more drinks than are really advisable! ARGHHHH, I wish I hadn't broken my run streak, makes it that much easier to break again - I had a demanding day, got up 6:30am (NOT easy for me!) to finish reading dissertation for 10-12 defense, had another chapter to read for a 1:15 meeting, sorta fell onto the subway to get downtown for lifting and barely made it to A.'s birthday in Tribeca, though then found a home at the bar with 2 very dear old friends and stayed longer than I expected. Could notionally have run either before or after strength workout for 20 mins but somehow it just isn't appealing....

Had revelatory thoughts this weekend about the fact that I actually have a lot of promise as a powerlifter! More thoughts anon, but J. rightly points out that I may be slightly underrating accomplishments based on the fact that I am lifting with men - nothing I'm doing seems very impressive, but really the bench and deadlift are very good, and squat should catch up in a while - am already pretty near to be in a position to make the lifts to qualify for Nationals. (Check out Raw Totals here! Need to drop pounds, but numbers are seriously attainable even in highest weight class -

ANYWAY....

was a bit tired going in (didn't sleep much last night), set out to do 5 x 5 x 205 but curtailed to 5, 4, 3, 3 - good set regardless. Then 10 x 3 for speed/form at 135. Then some very fun rows with the farmer's-walk handles and 20lb (4 x 5lb) on each side (I think it was 4 x 12 at the full weight). No run - that is a sorry thing - hopefully will get on in tomorrow, though I again have a morning work obligation and am not sure I will be able to run first...

1hr deadlifts/rows!

No comments: