Sunday, June 28, 2015

Ugh......

Ah, workout FAIL - it is not surprising, as I have been feeling utterly tapped out and overwhelmed. Schedule said 4 x Harlem Hill loop - I jogged over and made my way up the first time and realized as I finished the first loop that I just didn't have it in me to keep running! Switched to a powerwalk for loop two, but was consumed with negative but apt thoughts and called it after loop 2, walked home. (About 25min jogging, 45min brisk walk. It's not at all hot, but it must be 100% humidity, really disgusting)

The unwelcome conclusion: I'm pulling the plug on the Survival of the Shawangunks race. I'm barely keeping my head above water, and it's stupid to do something that's supposed to be for fun if it's bringing me stress rather than joy. Need to refocus on essentials, this is not essential - not least will make it easier to focus on powerlifting, running and I HOPE weight loss (one month in to the summer, I have not lost a single pound - and doing half-assed endurance sport training does NOT help in the matter of weight loss!).

Anyway, I am feeling very glum and grumpy, this is the mature decision but that does not mean I have to like it!

No comments: