Thursday, June 11, 2015

Squats!

(I was very happy right after this workout, only then I had a HORRIBLE trip home - it's close to 90F, even at 9 at night, and train home was grotesquely delayed - seems like it stopped for several minutes at EVERY station, each time leaving doors open to hot hot hot platform - at least I had a seat, but it was FAIRLY dreadful!)

SQUATS! Could tell right away that I was tired, and Josh tried a different tack - we did work set with only very light weight and combining each set with air squats (where curiously I get low enough easily and stay much more upright rather than leaning forward/rocking - this is MENTAL rather than primarily a strength limitation, the mental things are hardest to fight!). Something like 6 x (5 x 65, 10 x air squat). THEN he had a very good idea and made me FRONT squat which as if magically solved all my difficulties!

This is very heartening as I have been frustrated at lack of progress - now we really have something we can work with.

Didn't have time for too much else after that but did I think 5 x 10 x 42.5 one-arm dumbbell rows.

Decided not to go to swim workout afterwards as I wanted to let squat workout sink in and could tell that really my day had been long enough already (with not enough air-conditioning - heat caught up to me, only realized as I was leaving my apartment that really I should have had AC on in my office!).

Bonanza workout day tomorrow, long run Saturday, whatever I can manage Sunday (hopefully a double spin) - this can work....

1+hr squats!

No comments: