Monday, June 8, 2015

Lifting/spinning!

Hoping to add on a second triathlon-related workout (spin or swim) after lifting sessions. It worked pretty well today. I was fatigued earlier on in the deadlifts than would usually be the case, I expect my legs and back are still tired from Saturday evening's long run (work set should have been 4 x 10 x 170, but after the first two Josh called the third set at 7 - form breaking down a bit - and I split the last set into 2 sets of 5). Squatting is coming along - I am still SO frustrated that it's so much worse than my other two lifts, but I know the only thing to be done is not get discouraged and continue chipping away at it (certainly there is progress, it's just that it's not as much as I'd hoped for!). Did something like 4 x 12 x 65 just focusing on form. It is improving.

Got a red Powerade and then went to Dolores' spin class. It is a lot of high-cadence work, which I am not particularly good at but which is good for me - I was working in very light gears only, which makes me feel a little bit ashamed, but to some extent the only thing I really need to shoot for just now is TIME ON BIKE, and that will do....

1hr deadlifts/squats
1hr spin!

No comments: