Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Bench!

Didn't ride my bike down today (coming from something else) and felt noticeably fresher and less overheated - however once weather's a bit cooler, that won't make such an obvious difference re: hydration.

Bench! I don't love it quite as much as I love deadlift day, but that's because it's easier in a way - so you could say it's the easiest and funnest day of the week.

3 x 5 x 80-85% (100)

Then with football bar, 4 x 4 x 7X% (bar c. 35 plus 2 x 25) with 4-second isometric hold a couple inches from the bottom of the lift

5 x 10 x 40 one-arm lat pulldown with full extension

3 x 6 x pull-up substitute (hanging row underneath bar)

100 band pulldown for abs

This is a very enjoyable workout (with the exception of the rows - my bodyweight is too high for that to be fun!). 1:20 or so all told - I like how the workout usually extends into the second hour....

No comments: